The goals of this SIG are to create a network of support for clinicians working with Latinos, and increase awareness of relevant Latino issues.
To accomplish these goals we hope to:
- Provide trainings and facilitate discussions on Latino‐specific issues.
- Offer a forum for case consultations for therapists working with this population
- Offer language support for bi‐lingual therapists.
- Provide clinicians with access to community resources for Latinos.
- Inform and update therapists on policies that are affecting this group.
- Share knowledge and resources for the purpose of delivering culturally competent mental health services to the Latino community.
- Facilitate networking among therapist, and arrange for presentations with innovatingways to serve this population.
Questions? Contact the Committee Chairs!
Sandra Espinoza, MFT Intern
Gloria Santos, LMFT