Sylvia Sandler, M.A., MFTi
Dear LA-CAMFT colleagues,
I am excited to announce the launch of a new section in our Voices newsletter, starting with the upcoming May edition. The new “Ask Billie” column will run every month. This section allows pre-licensed interns and newly licensed clinicians an interactive opportunity as it gives them a chance to ask the most pertinent questions about internships, and the licensing journey. Undoubtedly, this new feature will offer great support and foster a sense of community thanks to Billie Klayman and her vision of what LA-CAMFT should be all about! We encourage pre-licensed and newly licensed clinicians to send their questions and topics of discussion right away to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaking of submissions, this is also a call to all community writers and contributors!
Are you interested in writing, and are you searching for a unique platform to express your passions and showcase your expertise in the Marriage & Family Therapy field? We welcome your input!
Following are the due dates and publication guidelines for submitting articles and ads for the remainder of the 2017 calendar year.
|Upcoming Voices Newsletters||Submission Deadlines|
|June 2017 edition||May 1|
|July 2017 edition||June 1|
|August 2017 edition||July 1|
|September 2017 edition||August 1|
|October 2017 edition||September 1|
|November 2017 edition||October 1|
|December 2017 edition||November 1|
LA-CAMFT Publishing Guidelines for Voices
- Submissions are DUE by the 1st of each month.
- Around the 15th of each month, contributors will receive the editor’s call for articles, advertisements, sponsorships, etc., for the next edition of Voices. This editor’s call will allow contributors to have up to two weeks to put together all the materials for submission by the 1st of the month.
- The LAST call for submissions for the forthcoming issue will be sent by the 27th of each month. This last call for submissions will include a list of the content planned for the next edition of Voices. This editorial list will note submissions received, as well as submissions expected but not yet received, and which must be received by the 1st in order to be included.
- Hyperlinks need to be specifically included in the body of the article at time of submission. Noting “LIVE LINK” in the body of an article is incomplete and unacceptable. It is the responsibility of each writer to “type in” the hyperlink(s) in their own work by the due date of the 1st of each month. If multiple links are being included, this must be made clear by the writer as to where each link is to be featured.
- Only universal file formats, like Word (.doc and docx.) will be acceptable. If an entry is submitted in a “.pages” format, it will be returned to the submitter.
- Finally, there is an issue about images. If someone wishes to submit an image other than a personal headshot, please provide proof of how they obtained that photo. Following is a link that covers the importance of copyright issues, but especially so when it comes to anything “Internet.” (Sued for Copyright Infringement)
- Per our webmaster, all images should be attached to an email as either a JPEG, PNG or TIF. Images pasted into an email are not acceptable since the quality of such photos is diminished. Any images received in the body of the email may delay publication of the submission.
Sylvia J. Sandler, M.A., holds a subsequent registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as a Marriage and Family Therapy Intern, (#90381). Sylvia is bi-lingual and fully proficient in reading and writing in the Spanish language. Sylvia is currently gaining hours toward licensing at The Ness Counseling Center on a volunteer basis. You may reach her by email at email@example.com.