Jonathan Flier, LMFT
Past President, LA-CAMFT
CAMFT Board Directors
If you think you are qualified and interested in working with a terrific staff responsible for our professional association, check out this amazing opportunity for the right person.
POSITION TITLE: Outreach Coordinator
CAMFT is looking for an Outreach Coordinator to cultivate and maintain relationships with Association Chapter Boards, schools, and other entities; provide high-level CAMFT updates to chapters and schools; staff various committees; plan and manage the annual CAMFT Leadership Conference; and serve on the CAMFT production team. Requirements: College degree required. MFTs encouraged to apply. Strong analytical and written/verbal communication skills required. Governance background strongly preferred. Marketing, budgeting, and planning experience. Excellent organizational skills. Good demeanor, confident, friendly and patient when communicating with any member or professional contact.
Frequent travel required (up to 20%). The typical work day is 8:30 am-4:30 pm, with some weekend and evening travel. Great benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you think you are CAMFT’s next staff member, please email your cover letter and resume to Jill Epstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAMFT is an equal opportunity employer.
BASIC FUNCTION: Cultivate and maintain relationships with Chapter Boards, schools, and other entities; provide high-level CAMFT updates to Chapters and schools; staff the Chapter Advisory Committee, Crisis Response and Education Resources Committee, Honors Committee, and Scholarship Committee; and plan and manage the CAMFT Leadership Conference.
- Serve as liaison between CAMFT and CAMFT’s 28 Chapters by advising Chapter Boards on governance, membership, financial, promotional, and state association issues. Conduct in-person visits to meet with Chapter Boards to assess strengths, weaknesses. Advise on governance and operational issues.
- Manage Chapter Leader listserv with approximately 300 subscribers. Post content and respond to questions.
- Deliver high-level presentations to Chapters and schools on CAMFT issues in-person and via teleconference/video conference.
- Conduct in-person visits to MFT graduate programs to present, to recruit student members and to relay information about pertinent member benefits. Develop relationships with administrators and faculty. Assess how students’ needs can be better met by CAMFT.
- Develop program for promoting pursuit of MFT for undergraduate students.
- Serve as a point of contact for and answer calls from individual members seeking information or assistance about chapters and student benefits.
- Plan and manage the annual CAMFT Leadership Conference and Outstanding Chapter Leadership Awards.
- Write articles for The Therapist on member benefits and services, including the promotion of Chapters. Write additional articles as assigned.
- Assist in the promotion and staffing of the CAMFT Scholarship and Honors Committees and programs.
- Staff the Chapter Advisory Committee.
- Staff the Crisis Response and Educational Resource Committee.
- Create and maintain an annual budget for the Outreach Program.
- Post content on CAMFT social media.
- Assist the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications, to promote CAMFT and Counseling California at exhibiting events held by other associations, agencies, and schools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIP: Report to the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications. Frequent contact with Legal Affairs department and Government Relations staff. Serve as a member of the CAMFT Production Team and the Annual Conference On-Site Team.
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP: Communicate with individual members, Chapter Boards, faculty at MFT programs, students, and Committee members.
- MFTs are encouraged to apply
- College degree required
- Analytical skills, with ability to assess complex information and promptly communicate such information to the membership
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form
- Strong and experienced public speaker
- Professional demeanor, confident, friendly and patient when communicating with any member or professional contact
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Savvy with social media
- Marketing, budgeting, and event planning experience
- Governance background strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications
- Frequent travel required (may be up to 20%)
$51,000-$56,000 (plus overtime), commensurate with experience.
This position is classified as non-exempt.
Jonathan Flier, MFT is currently serving on the Board of Director of statewide CAMFT. In 2008 he became President and restarted the Los Angeles Chapter of CAMFT. He has supervised interns for over 20 years at the Southern California Counseling Center and has a thriving practice that specializes in working with men, treating trauma and anxiety with somatic based therapies including EMDR, high conflict couples and passionless couples and consultations with licensed MFTs and LCSWs.